- am a middle-aged woman living in the suburbs with my spouser and our two dogs.
- love baseball. Hate most of the superstars. It’s a team sport after all.
- walk with the dogs almost every day.
- take photographs while we walk (the sidewalk series).
- am working on losing weight and getting healthier.
- am going to have a joint replacement in a couple months (a big toe, who knew??)
- live in California (SF East Bay).
- grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, and still cheer for those teams.
- spend way too much time alone.
- am a social liberal but a fiscal conservative. Does make me middle of the road?
- say I’m a quilter, but I haven’t made a piece since spring.
- think I’m really a crafter.
- read in the bathtub.
- usually alternate reading scifi and mysteries.
- like to cook but rarely take the time.
- can have a dry, sardonic sense of humor that people don’t get. Yeah, really dry.
- If I’m home, the tv is on. Usually loud enough to be heard anywhere in the house.
- write about crafts/hobbies/gardening/DIY for BlogHer
- visit zoos when I go to new towns.
- don’t wear jewelry or perfume. The spouser claims this makes it really hard to buy presents for me.
About the photo: Potted Plant. Part of the Sidewalk Series. As I said, I frequently take pictures while I’m walking my dogs. When walking around a neighborhood, my rule is: anything I photograph while standing on the sidewalk is fair game. I cannot move up onto the lawn or driveway to closer or to get a better angle. One day’s walk often yields a week’s worth of blog photos.
When you need inspiration for a blogpost during one of these month-long posting challenges, these snapshots of life around you are great inspiration.
STEPS YESTERDAY? 11,572
Whatcha Doing Today? heading to the gym, walking the dogs, working on my ArtShare pieces.