In honor of New Year’s Day, I am listing some of fitness goals for 2009:
- Get a bit leaner (lose some of the remaining adipose fat around belly). Building a bit more lean muscle mass is OK, too!
- Do 15 unassisted chin-ups. Do 3 pull-ups if my shoulders let me.
- Become comfortable with barbell squats and build a rock-hard butt.
- Run rapids this summer (first time in 20 years).
- Improve balance by strengthening/retraining ankles.
The only one of these that I stated (quietly) last year was to run rapids. My plans fell through because I couldn’t make myself do this alone and I couldn’t find anyone to commit to doing it with me. Since then, I’ve practiced asking people to do things with me a lot more; getting someone to ride a river with me might be easier.
BTW, if you’d like to hike the Grand Canyon with me in 2010… let me know!