Because I believe in functional workouts and making sure that I develop real world function strength, I normally alternate my strength workouts with what I call stability/function circuit workouts. I have a big list of moves that I pull from for these – individual actions and combinations that challenge me and keep me fresh.
Because I’m still not feeling 100%, I chose to do one of these workouts today. I aimed for 2 circuits; but after one, I was a sweaty, breathless puddle of goo- and unable to continue.
Friday’s Circuit Workout:
1. Stability Warm-up:
- Knee pull-ins on SB to push upx15
- Reverse crunch on SB x15
- Side Planks 1 minute each side
- YTAs on SB
2. Burpees/10# DBs. X15
3. Statue of Liberty paired with ATG bodyweight squats to bicep curls. 10# DBs
4. One leg balance to transvere backward lunge paired with One legged bentover rows – with 20# BB
5. One legged deadlifts 10# weight plate.
6. (KB) swings with 10# weight plate.
7. One legged bicep curls with 20# BB